Friday, January 17, 2014

 The progesterone shot I was dreading turned out to be not bad at all. Just a quick stick and some light pressure. It's mixed in oil so it takes some time getting it all in, but it doesn't hurt. For weeks, I've been eyeballing the needles and feeling sick over it. As it turns out, the big needle was just for sucking up the oil, because it's thick, and because multiple jabs dull the needle. I put on a much smaller needle when it's time for the poke. Greg does the poke, because it's intramuscular and just at the top part of my butt; hardly reachable myself. He was pretty scared about it, too, and the petrified look on his face helped me to be more amused than scared myself. And then he did it, and I barely knew, though the spot itched for a few hours, and there was a lump underneath because the oil takes time to disperse. So I just keep on taking this, apparently, until I'm told to stop. I'm just glad the steroid is over. I feel so puffy! All of these hormones are the devil. But hopefully, we have another nine months of those ;)

We're listing our house for sale next week, too! We want a room for each of the existing kids, plus a room for the baby when we eventually get it, even though I'm pretty insistent on baby sleeping with me for the first year or so, at least. We found an AMAZING house, right at the top end of our price range, and it has six bedrooms, not the five we need, plus a den. I've always wanted a tiny house and I still do, but being the only one here who does, I suppose popular demand can be an important thing to consider. And a house with room to move turns out to be easier to clean than was the 800sq ft trailer we moved out of in Paulden. Or at least, to keep appearing clean. There's a lot more places to hide things if someone's coming over last minute. Not that anyone does, but if they did!

 So now I'm just sitting here typing, and I've realized that two of the three kids have still not emerged from their bedrooms, and I'm starting to feel concerned that maybe they aren't as ready as they should be at this point in the morning for leaving on time. This is all kind of foggy in my brain right now, though, being pre-coffee and full of fuzzbrain-making hormones. I suppose now's as good a time as any to start the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment