Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our transfer went really smoothly yesterday! We showed up half an hour early, I had to pee desperately, but luckily they got me in right away. I love that this place always gets me in within a few minutes of showing up, even when I'm very early.
 So in the room, I took my valium and waited, ready to pee so bad it was all I could think about, laying there with my feet in the stirrups. Then the embryologist came in with a printout. All three of our embryos made it to a viable status! Even the gimpy one! The one we implanted, though, was "textbook perfect quality," and apparently we couldn't ask for a better embryo. We watched on screen while they transferred it to the top of my uterus and now we have a picture of a little speckle on a screen, and on the 29th we find out whether or not it took! I'm not sure I can wait nine days, though I know it's really my only choice; the HCg is probably still in my system right now, but the embryo hasn't been in long enough to implant, so any test I take would be a false positive for sure. I'm going to twitch for the next 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment