Wednesday, January 15, 2014

 This month has been VERY HORMONAL. Which is to say, I've been a horrendous bitch. I started my first IVF cycle and the hormones are really killing me. I'm glad to have such a patient man because they'd probably also be killing a lesser one.

 I started out giving myself just one shot a night, for two weeks. Then we added in a second shot a night for one week, and that one burned like hell. It felt like a bee sting and made me whiny. Monday, I triggered ovulation with another shot, and since I haven't had to take any! Yay! Though we found that only one ovary responded to the hormones that matured several eggs, and we don't know why but apparently it happens sometimes.

 This morning, I went in for my egg retrieval, and I'm a little worried because they were only able to get four eggs, and we don't know anything about the quality/maturity of those eggs yet. I'm waiting for that phone call, pretty anxiously. If none of the eggs we got are viable for baby-making, we have to cancel this cycle. I don't know if that puts us out the money or what, or what it means for the next cycle. So we're just praying that everything comes together well.

 In the meantime, I'm just a little sore. They knocked me out with IV sedation, which was much easier to come out of than general anesthesia. I don't come out of that well at all, and it takes me like a week to be fully awake and comfortable, compared to the day or two they say it should take. With the sedation, though, I was up and walking and craving McDonald's pretty much right away.

 Anywho, that's that and now we're just praying for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment