Sunday, May 20, 2012

Today has been rough. The day or two before, Karl was more lucid than he has been since the lake, hardly any hallucinations and more alert, but today we're worse than before. When we first woke up this morning, he was asking if I remembered him being on the floor in the middle of the night. I convinced him he couldn't have been, because he wouldn't have been able to get back up without me, and I hadn't helped him. So that was fine.

Then an hour ago, I'd just gotten out of the shower and overheard Karl and Luke talking about his recliner. Karl is convinced that sometime in the night, people came and switched his recliner out, and that the one he is in is not the same one he's had since January. He is convinced I'm in on this, and that I'm lying to him. He's not angry. He's very calm about all of this. But he's just dead convinced that I know his recliner isn't the same one, and I'm lying. This one is different. The control for the positioning is different and this "new" chair is cleaner. And poor Luke just doesn't know what to say, so he agreed with his dad about the chair looking different, so that helps nothing.

He was also convinced, around noon, right after a nap, that it was 5pm and that I'd been withholding his pills all day. Again, not mad, just convinced. The other day he thought I was giving him EXTRA to keep him doped up, and I'm not sure which accusation is worse...

He's been wide awake for all of these accusations and things. He makes others when he's half asleep, but these ones have all been while he was awake.

OH he was also convinced that a guy had been shot and killed in our back yard last night, but that one was easier to convince him it was a dream.

 On another note -- not more happy or more sad -- I lost my job. Okay, it IS happier. I hated that job so much and even though I have no idea how the bills are getting paid until my tax refund gets here, I am about 1000x more relaxed. Also, my house is cleaner. And my legs are shaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment