Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wax: DO NOT WANT.

SO we've all seen that episode of Friends, Where Monica and Phoebe try Waxine, right? And we're like, oh they're exaggerating. It can't hurt that much.
 Let me tell you how very wrong we were.
 I found an unopened package of Nads under the sink, that apparently Greg had from before I moved in. And I was like, oh! Maybe I won't shave my lady bits, maybe I'll wax instead! It looks so easy!
 So I opened the package. I read the instructions. Apply a thin layer of wax, slap that cloth strip on and rip it off. It alleges that the pain will be minimal and your unwanted hair will be gone! ALLEGES.
 I did exactly what the instructions said, noting that the wax is somewhat harder to spread than Nads implies. So far so good. I unrolled the strip of cotton cloth. I smoothed it over the waxy area. I took a deep breath and I yanked that shit off my lady bits. And I screamed.
 "MOTHERFUCKER."
 Yes, I was quite vulgar. And when I immediately noticed that there had been no actual hair removal, my head nearly popped. Had I done something wrong? Maybe that was why it hurt so much!
 And now you're thinking, she didn't try it again, did she?
 Yes. Yes I did. With the same results and louder swearing.
 So now I am waxy, stuck together, still hairy, and stinging too much to shave.
 Eff you, Nads. Eff you.

No comments:

Post a Comment