Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Name Change!

I finally had my name changed, and after 3 months I'm finally Toni Wright! I had to wait for the license to come, and then our honeymoon was really close (Caribbean Cruise, yay! And now I want to move to Jamaica and be a pirate.) and I didn't want to have to figure out another name change with the passport people, and then February was hectic... and now my house is a MESS but I was like, it's now or never, dammit. So I turned on my phone's voice navigation -- I can't tell you how glad I am that I never had to learn to drive before this became available -- and started out toward McKinney, which is where the closest SSA office is.

So I was there on the 21 heading North or South or something, and suddenly my navigation says to turn left on Hinden. WTF Hinden was three exits ago. So I exited where I was to try to figure this problem out, and the navigation got bitchy.

RECALCULATING.

And then it told me to get off t El Dorado West. But On that side of the highway, El Dorado Est was the only option. WTF, I say? So my phone decided to RECALCULATE again. And I turned around, and then on the access road there was a sign! El Dorado West! So I ignored the rest of the directions and went that way. And then I noticed that I had turned onto Craig road, which is the road the SSA office was on, so I accidentally went the right way, and that's awesome.

I did my thing at the office, then decided that my navigation was useless and made my own way back to the highway, and went in the direction I thought I'd come from, and followed it until I saw an exit for a road name I knew, and now I am sitting here drinking my Pepsi and patting myself on the back for awesome navigation skillz, and contemplating an hour in EQ2.

And of course you wanted to know all about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment